In the event the van requested is not available we reserve the right to substitute vehicles with similar or higher class vehicle.
We will always guarantee the number of seats/beds that you requested. However, we cannot guarantee the exact model of camper van that will be delivered to you. For this reason the vehicle´s interior and layout may differ substantially from the images displayed on our website.
The rental car will normally have a full tank of fuel. The car should be returned full. In the case the tank is not full the car should be returned with the same amount of fuel as when the rental began.
If the fuel tank is not returned the same we charge $7.00 per gallon.
Obligations of the Lessee
1) The lessee agrees to the provisions of this lease and will recieve a copy of it.
2) The lessee will return the camper van.
a) And all accessories (including tires and tools) in the condition they were in when received, with the exception of normal wear due to use,
b) On the date specified by this lease, unless otherwise agreed later,
c) To the lessor’s premises, unless otherwise agreed.
d) With a full tank of fuel.
3) If the lessee does not return the automobile at the time agreed upon in this lease, or does not declare his or her intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hours rental under the terms of this lease.
4) The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of this agreement are authorized to drive the automobile. The lessee is liable for damage resulting from use of the automobile for which no compensation will be paid by the vehicle’s insurance company. This includes damage to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
a) Off-road driving,
b) Driving across rivers or any kind of water course,
c) Intentional acts or gross negligence,
d) Use of intoxicants by the driver,
e) Vehicle use that contravenes law and/or the provisions of this lease.
5) The lessee agrees not to travel to certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions. These areas are:
a) Death Valley, between the dates 15th of July and 30th of September.
b) The Burning Man Festival in Nevada
c) Any off-road areas or unimproved roads, trails, tracks and on closed roads
6) In the event of a collision or accident, the lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor of the incident, and the lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived.
7) The lessor is not responsible for the disappearance of or damage to property that the lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
8) The lessee agrees to pay the lessor, upon request:
a) A deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car,
b) Any and all expenses incurred by the lessor if he has to bring the vehicle back to his premises, in the event that it has been left somewhere without supervision, with out regard to the condition of the vehicle, the roads, or the weather.
9) The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
10) The lessee is liable for all parking meter charges and fines for breaking traffic laws.
11) The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, loan it to others, or sublease it.
Obligations of the Lessor
12) The lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and to see that it meets the demands made for it.
13) If the vehicle malfunctions, the lessor is responsible to fix the veichle as soon as possible.
14) The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee regarding traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall particularly point out the dangers stemming from animals on the roads.
15) If the lessor wants to limit use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/ or road conditions, this shall be done in writing when this lease is signed.
16) The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
17) If you are a US or a Canadian Citizen you can bring your own policy. We recommend that you check with your insurance company about details about your coverage details before you pick up the Camper Van.
18) We offer Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) that gets you off the hook for damage to the Camper Van or theft of the car other than tires, windshield, undercarriage and wind damage.
19) We also offer Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) that will pay for damage you do to others’ vehicles or property. Your coverage will be increased to $500,000 for bodily injury. The basic coverage for Coloardo is 25/50/15, in other words $25,000 for bodily injury to each person, $50,000 for all bodily injury, and $15,000 for property damage, each accident. This means that by choosing SLI insurance you are raising the coverage for bodily injury from $50,000 to $500,000.
20) This accident/all-risks insurance does not cover:
a) intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver,
b) damage resulting from the driver being under the influence of alcohol, stimulants or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle in a safe manner,
c) Damage due to race or test driving,
d) Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots,
e) Damage done by animals,
f) Holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats,
g) Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this,
h) Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle’s transmission, drive, other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from the vehicle scraping bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving,
i) Damage resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unabridged rivers or streams, beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas. However, compensation will be paid for damage if the driver is forced to leave the road, for example, due to road repairs.
j) Damage caused by sand, gravel or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
k) If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
l) In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for accident /All-risks insurance.
21) The lessee may purchase Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI).
22) If SLI insurance is not purchased, the lessee will be responsible for any liability up to $2,000.
23) If the van is returned damaged, a $1,500 deductible will be charged. It is up to the lessee to open and file a claim with their insurance. A final invoice will be sent to the lessee upon completion of the repairs. The lessee is responsible for the balance if an insurance claim is not filed upon completion of the repairs.
24) KuKu Camper Vans are a smoke free zone. We will charge your credit card for $300 cleaning fee if there is an evidence of smoking in the Campervan.
25) We do allow pets in our vans but due to future customers allergy concerns a deep clean is needed. For our AB Category we only allow dogs 30 pounds and under. We only allow up to two dogs per vehicle. The fee is $100 per dog.
A fee of $200 will be applied if you bring an unapproved pet without paying a pet fee.
26) If you or anyone in your vicinity is making a campfire make sure all the doors and windows are closed to prevent smoke and scent damage. Failing to do so will result a payment of $300.
27) If you are dropping the van off outside of business hours, you will need to email or text photos of all sides of the van once it is parked in our lot. A full day rental fee will be applied if the van is dropped off after the agreed drop off time. If the van is returned early, no refund will be given.
Tolls and Violations
28) The renter is responsible for paying all charges tolls, parking citations and court costs within the duration of the rental. A processing fee of $35 will be applied if the van is driven on a Toll Road.
29) This lease agreement shall always be kept in the vehicle during the term of the lease.
30) Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
31) US law applies to agreements made on the basis of the terms cited above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damages based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning this lease agreement, they will be heard before the lessor’s legal venue.
32) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to this lease agreement shall be filed exclusively in the federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado.
Did you make a reservation on our fantastic website? If you wish to cancel before your rental pick-up time, you must send us an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to your pick up time. Once cancelled, we will credit you within approximately 14 business days. Credits will be applied to the same card as you reserved the rental. You will incur a $100 processing fee. If you cancel the reservation within 14 days of your pickup time you will be billed for the full rental.
Did you make a reservation with a travel agent or online booking agent? The travel agency or online booking agent “owns” any reservation you originally crested with them, so their reservation cancellation processes and policies apply.
Reservation within 14 days before departure? Note that if you make a reservation within 14 days before your departure you have no chance to cancel it and get a refund so before booking make sure that you are coming and need that car.
No Show policy? In case of no show, the lessee can consider his reservation has canceled so the same policy as cancelation applies. No refund will be given in case of a no show.
Payment policy? We accept payments by credit card. We normally charge full price at booking but if you prefer to give only a deposit, we require 25% minimum. If you like this option please add a comment to your reservation saying you would like to pay 25% or 50% now and the rest on arrival. You can also pay by cash on arrival. If you prefer that please create also a comment with your reservation asking if that's possible. in the event of a cash payment, exact change is needed. If the van is returned earlier than the scheduled drop off time, no refund will be given.